mark jackson. serving time in bulgaria. letting you know about it.
"Not all those who wander are lost." [J.R. Tolkien]

Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Job Update/Thanksgiving…

Well, I met with the new mayor on Monday. And, honestly, it was much more productive than I had anticipated. From what I gathered, this was more of an informational meeting for him. (ie. what is Peace Corps, et cetera…) So, after that was done, he seemed enthusiastic about have me on board. The hitch is that I have another meeting next Monday. This one is with his ‘executive board.’ The new meeting will be where I introduce myself, my skills, and what I am hoping to do in the next two years. (All in Bulgarian, by the by.) But, I will take it. Hopefully, this will give me a chance to kind of tailor make my experience here. So, that is that.

This weekend a group of volunteers are attempting to prepare a traditional Thanksgiving dinner (we all have to work on the actual holiday). This will be tricky since all of us have ovens about the size of a toaster and stoves that seem to be directly from the Coleman camping supply line. No worries though. It will just be nice to spend the holiday with other Americans. I am sorry that I will miss the annual Bacom Bowl. And, Cook County if you cannot beat out DuPage this year, I think all is lost. Have fun everyone. Happy Thanksgiving!

[Email to a Friend:]