mark jackson. serving time in bulgaria. letting you know about it.
"Not all those who wander are lost." [J.R. Tolkien]

Thursday, November 20, 2003

Quick Update...

Well, hello everyone. I have been getting some worried emails from over there, so I figured I would put up another journal. Everything is going well here. Honestly. The weather has been great, a true ‘Roma’ summer (they call it that instead of Indian). Since I have found a good tutor, I have been studying the language again. Every little bit helps. As for the rest of it, the best example I can come up with is this: It would be similar if, I had moved to a random city (one that I knew no one), moved into an apartment alone, did not have a TV, and had no real job. That city could be Boston, Denver, or NYC. I would have some adjustments to make. With most of that past me, I am more prepared than ever to enjoy Bulgaria. Hope everyone is doing well,

~~Mark

[Email to a Friend:]