mark jackson. serving time in bulgaria. letting you know about it.
"Not all those who wander are lost." [J.R. Tolkien]

Monday, September 15, 2003

Two Years in Samokov...

Well the stars have once again aligned themselves and placed me in Samokov. It is a mountian resort and only a few miles from the most famous ski resort in Bulgaria (Borovets). The Bulgarians that I have talked to say it is beautiful. (I guess a good sign is that it is mentioned in both the Lonley Planet and Rough Guide travel books.) By bus it is less than an hour to Sofia and the buses go every hour. On the map, it is just northwest of the Rila Monestary. My actual job is working with the Municipality in the Eurointegration department. From what I know now, this is the exact job I was looking for and there is a lot of opportunity to work with Greece. Since I have not been there I will try and not sing it's praises too much. I will be leaving in the morning for the acutal town. More details to come.

~~Mark
PS: My cell phone issues have not been resolved as of yet. It might be ready by the weekend.

[Email to a Friend:]