mark jackson. serving time in bulgaria. letting you know about it.
"Not all those who wander are lost." [J.R. Tolkien]

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Go ahead and check 'Earthquake' off the to-do list.


It's a 5.6 on the fun scale, too.
Last night Shoumen (along with the rest of Bulgaria and Romania) was tossed around by an earthquake that scored a solid 5.6 (lower in Shoumen) on the Richter scale - fairly respectable. [Article: Earthquake] I was already asleep when the coaster started rollin'. I woke up to my ninth floor doing its own, very special, version of Mr. Checker's 'Twist' - the building didn't really go back and forth as much as it rotated [like wringing out a towel]. And, like the far end of a towel whip, my ninth floor apartment picked up a little more speed than the rest.
Anyways, against all training and logic, when the show was over I went back to bed. I was tired. As far as I have heard there has been no damage or injuries. Guess you just never know what a day will bring.
-Mark

[Email to a Friend:]