mark jackson. serving time in bulgaria. letting you know about it.
"Not all those who wander are lost." [J.R. Tolkien]

Saturday, August 16, 2003

My Day Off...

Yesterday was my first day off since I started in DC. It was an interesting one. I decided to go for a run in the Rila's that morning. At my brother's request I took Ben, the dog. So, it is Ben and I running around on the trails. Everything is great. About half an hour into the run, we came across a bunch of grazing Bulls. Now, it is me, some huge Bulls, and a growling dog. I guess dogs and bulls are not typically friends. I felt like I had taken a wrong turn in Pamplona. Once I got Ben to calm down, he and I started walking past the pointy beasts. We got through them safely. And all was well in the end.

As I get back to the house, there is a bunch of noise coming from the chicken hut. It turns out that one of the chickens had broken its leg. Out of respect for our vegetarian friends, I will not go into detail. But, I must say that dinner was both interactive and tasty.

Today, I will be heading off to a festival in a neighboring town. Sounds like it will be fun. Thanks to everyone who has emailed. I am doing my best to get back to you as soon as I can. It does mean a lot.

~~Mark

[Email to a Friend:]